My Good Friend In Australia Requests Your Help
To Improve Dementia Care
Colin McDonnell with Starrett Lodge of Uniting Care is on a mission to find out some answers and he would like to hear from those with dementia. He is trying to figure out the best way to assist a person with dementia in finding their room. Below are some questions he would like those with dementia to answer. To do so, just click on comment and write your response.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Here are the questions:
- Would a door being painted a specific color of your liking help you recognize your room/home?
- What is your favorite color?
- How does your favorite color make you feel?
- Would a memory box outside of your room/home help trigger you to recognize your room/home?
- Of these choices which would you prefer?
- A painted door
- A Memory Box outside your door
- Another idea to help you recognize your room/home. If so, please share with us.
6. What is your favorite color?
7.How does your favorite color make you feel like when?
Here is a great video which will give you an idea of what Starrett Lodge of Uniting Care is up to.
For more information on dementia and caregiving